Regulatory compliance is an important part of running a business. The different types of regulatory compliance can be cartegorised as below, with examples.
1. Data and Privacy Compliance Regulations:
- HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act): This law protects the privacy and security of individuals?? health information.
- COPPA (Children??s Online Privacy Protection Act): This law protects the privacy of children under the age of 13 when they are using online services.
- GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation): This law protects the personal data of individuals within the European Union.
2. Quality Management Regulations:
- ISO 9001: This is an international standard for quality management systems that helps organizations ensure they are providing products and services that meet customer and regulatory requirements.
3. Employment Regulations:
- FMLA (Family and Medical Leave Act): This law provides certain employees with up to 12 weeks of unpaid, job-protected leave per year for qualified medical and family reasons.
- OSHA (Occupational Safety and Health Administration): This law sets and enforces standards to protect workers from workplace hazards such as chemical exposure and falls.