1. Basic Protection: Cyber Essentials covers basic protection measures such as keeping software up to date, using strong passwords, and controlling access to data. It also covers the use of firewalls and secure configuration of internet-facing systems.
2. Malware Protection: Cyber Essentials covers measures to protect against malware, such as ensuring anti-virus software is installed, configured correctly, and regularly updated.
3. Secure Configuration: Cyber Essentials covers measures to ensure systems are securely configured, such as disabling unnecessary services and accounts, and ensuring software is configured with secure settings.
4. Access Control: Cyber Essentials covers measures to ensure access to systems is tightly controlled, such as ensuring user accounts are only given the access they need, and that access is regularly reviewed.
5. Network Security: Cyber Essentials covers measures to protect the organisation??s network, such as ensuring devices are only connected to trusted networks, and that traffic is encrypted where appropriate.